Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I've been plagiarized!

This evening I decided to do a Google search of "Captive 240" as I like to see if there are other Cpativa's out there for sale. I do this for a couple reasons. First, I like to see what people are asking for their boat. I've seen a wide range in pricing on this boat and it's nice to know I paid in the lower middle range. Second, I really enjoy analyzing individual rigging on the boat. Yep, It's Jep currently has a pretty basic rigging so it's quite interesting to find a Captiva that's been rigged for racing since I am moving in that direction.

Anyway, while searching the web, I came across a site that had COMPLETELY plagiarized my February 25, 2009 post, "Background info on my 1986 Captiva 240." Click here for a link to the site. I think you'll find some striking similarities in the narrative!

Normally something like this would burn me up, but finding good information on this boat is challenging. At least the owner takes good care of the boat. On top of that, they are asking $7,500! Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. I took care of it. I sent him a cease and desist email, or at least to give your blog a pimp and hat tip as to where he got his information.

    ReplyDelete